The Forgotten of Peru
MCC has partnered with the Asociación Ministerios Fuentes de Agua (AMFA) to help bring safe drinking water and the Gospel to indigenous communities in the Amazon Jungle of Peru. We serve these communities by improving drinking water supplies, helping the people to move from contaminated streams and creeks to using clean groundwater. We drill groundwater wells and install hand-pumps as well as provide hygiene training. We use these water projects as an opportunity to share the Gospel. We support a local pastor (Pastor Victor) who evangelizes during well construction and then follows up periodically with the communities to encourage their spiritual growth. Additionally, we support two indigenous families as they attend seminary and will soon return to their villages to pastor their communities.
- Installed water wells in two new communities serving over 470 villagers.
- Pastor Victor visited ten communities in the past six months to encourage the pastors and churches. Numerous villagers came to Christ.
- Edgar and Fernando will return to seminary in June following a two-year interruption by the pandemic.
Opportunities to Engage:
- Please remember to pray for our Peruvian missionaries (see our current prayer points as well as the Missions directory).
- Send notes or cards of encouragement.