MCC has partnered with the Asociación Ministerios Fuentes de Agua (AMFA) to help bring safe drinking water and the Gospel to indigenous communities in the Amazon Jungle of Peru. We serve these communities by improving drinking water supplies, helping the people to move from contaminated streams and creeks to using clean groundwater. We drill groundwater wells and install hand-pumps as well as provide hygiene training. We use these water projects as an opportunity to share the Gospel. We support a local pastor (Pastor Victor) who evangelizes during well construction and then follows up periodically with the communities to encourage their spiritual growth. Additionally, we support two indigenous families as they attend seminary and will soon return to their villages to pastor their communities.
- Installed water wells in two new communities serving over 470 villagers.
- Pastor Victor visited ten communities in the past six months to encourage the pastors and churches. Numerous villagers came to Christ.
- Edgar and Fernando will return to seminary in June following a two-year interruption by the pandemic.
Opportunities to Engage:
- Please remember to pray for our Peruvian missionaries (see our current prayer points as well as the Missions directory).
- Send notes or cards of encouragement.
On Sundays, we have three options for Worship & Praise! Please join us:
- First Service at 8:30 & Second Service at 10:30am (both indoors)
- Via live-stream at 8:30am on Facebook
“... submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.”
“Outdo one another in showing honor.”
“By this all men will know that you are My disciples,
if you have love for one another.”
Here is what you should know and expect, as you join us for worship:
Gathering to Worship Together at MCC
When we gather on Sundays, our unity is expressed by how we serve one another in Christ. Please join us in extending grace to each other amid our differing perspectives and different views about how to live in this time. The Lord has exhorted us:
Please stay home if you’re experiencing symptoms of illness.
May the Lord be glorified in our midst, and in His body. We can’t wait to see you!
“ ... to the praise of the glory of His grace ...”