The New Year began with great movement at Juntos and continues to speed along! In the year-end summary, that I sent in December, there were several requests that we asked you to pray through. God is already on the move and answering in surprising and gracious ways!
( Our 4th and 5th grade robotics team with the coaches who volunteer their time and expertise. We are looking forward to more projects!)
- Nine new kids have begun attending Juntos on Monday nights.
- One of our staff, Joy, has begun prayer walking a nearby mobile home community with the mama of two Juntos kids who live there. We are praying for openings into all four of the communities that surround us.
- We began a robotics team and already completed our first competition! (The kids surprised us with how amazing they did, but we probably did not win it due to some improvements we need to make in teamwork. Quite the learning experience and super exciting!)
“It is a blessing to have connected with you all! My son is loving Juntos. He comes home to tell me what he has learned. Most recently it was that we shouldn’t judge.”
-a text from the mom of a new Juntos 3rd grader
- Our learning lab is up and running with amazing new volunteers, enthusiastic kids and supportive parents. The relationships being formed are priceless!
- Speaking of volunteers, we have had two trainings with incredibly committed, excited and qualified people from the community.
- Most encouraging to me was the first meeting of our new advisory committee. It is comprised of parents, volunteers and former students. I am grateful for this group’s support and for their wisdom as we, together, listen to the Lord and plan the future of Juntos!
(We took 10 teen girls to the T4 conference in Ft. Worth where they were reminded that they are worthy because of Jesus.)
(We were able to bring 10 representatives from our Juntos team to the I:58 Navigators gathering in Virginia Beach. We were encouraged to continue focusing on “whole life discipleship” and God’s heart for justice.)
Thank you for your role on our Juntos team as God continues to privilege us with many opportunities to love and be loved by our community!
E-List SignUp Form
When you sponsor a child through Food for the Hungry, you join FH in walking with that child—along with the child’s family and community—as they move from struggling to thriving. Through consistent monthly support, letters and prayers—you and your sponsored child build a relationship that makes a lasting difference. Your gift of $38 each month will bring hope and change to a sponsored child's life and community. Jennifer Ward will be in the foyer between services TODAY with sponsorship packets if you are interested in partnering with FH and changing a child’s life forever!
Friends, Food, Fun! Please make plans to join us for the annual MCC Family Picnic on Sunday, October 6th, from 1:00-4:00pm. Bring your food, drinks, blanket or chairs, and lawn games and spend an afternoon with your church family at Embudo Hills Park.
The Wood Ministry needs men, women, and couples to serve as sponsors! The Wood Ministry is hosting a sponsorship training Saturday, October 12th at 9:00am in the conference room and would like to invite you. They will share what it means to be a sponsor and how sponsorship through the wood ministry transforms lives. Contact Sarah at the church office; 281-3313 to sign up today!
Our High School Youth Group, The Collective, is moving to Tuesdays from 7:00-9:00pm!
MCC Elders and Connectors are hosting a Starting Point Lunch Sunday, October 13th after second service. The luncheon is a great way to learn more about MCC, ask questions and meet new people! No RSVP needed.