Juntos targets the youth and families who live in Albuquerque’s International District and East Central. The families they support include 50% immigrants, 25% Native American and 25% other demographic and local residents. Their focus is youth development with the goal that those who participate will become spiritual leaders in their families and the community. They operate from a mindset of holistic discipleship. This means they address both the spiritual needs as well as the social, mental and emotional well being of youth and their families.
Juntos engages with the community through a number of programs including: high school discipleship study on Sunday nights; middle school Bible study on Tuesday nights; Rally Night on Mondays focusing on teaching elementary/middle school kids the Word while proving leadership opportunities for Juntos high school students; Thursday afternoon Learning Lab provides tutoring resources; and Kids Club which meetings on the 2nd week of June and provides a VBS experience for the Juntos children.
- Serving 50 children and their families,
- Numerous Juntos High School students leading activities attended by younger students,
- Numerous students have graduated from the program only to return and work for Juntos or volunteer their time.
Opportunities to Engage:
- Serve as a tutor on Thursday afternoons - various subject for grades K-12,
- In June volunteer for Kids Club - need help with worship, small group leaders and activity leaders,
- Volunteer when you can to help with special events.
On Sundays, we have three options for Worship & Praise! Please join us:
- First Service at 8:30 & Second Service at 10:30am (both indoors)
- Via live-stream at 8:30am on Facebook
“... submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.”
“Outdo one another in showing honor.”
“By this all men will know that you are My disciples,
if you have love for one another.”
Here is what you should know and expect, as you join us for worship:
Gathering to Worship Together at MCC
When we gather on Sundays, our unity is expressed by how we serve one another in Christ. Please join us in extending grace to each other amid our differing perspectives and different views about how to live in this time. The Lord has exhorted us:
May the Lord be glorified in our midst, and in His body. We can’t wait to see you!
“ ... to the praise of the glory of His grace ...”