“Sometimes,” she confided with anxious eyes, “I feel like I don’t know how I can possibly serve. I don’t think I can do anything. I want to be a blessing to our church, I just don’t know how.” She let out a troubled sigh of discouragement.
Do you ever feel this way? I know I have! You want to serve and yet don’t know if you are needed or how you can be a blessing.
Let me hasten to tell you, God brought you to us and you are needed!
You were meant to be a blessing and you have much to offer your brothers and sisters at MCC!
Consider Paul’s description of the church in 1 Corinthians 12:14-26
For the body does not consist of one member but of many. If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would be the sense of hearing? If the whole body were an ear, where would be the sense of smell? But as it is, God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as he chose. If all were a single member, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, yet one body…..But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it, that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.”
This is you and this is me, this is the church!
We are drawn together by the worship of Christ, knit into one body to work together, to grow, and to share the Gospel with others.
If one member suffers, then we all suffer.
You might wonder how you can help --- you may feel like you don’t have a lot of time, resources, or skills that the church can use. But consider this, there are many needs with in the body that never make it to the bulletin. These are needs that would not be appropriate to share with the entire congregation, but having those needs met are still vitally important.
- What if a person needs a ride to a doctor’s appointment? Can you drive?
- What if someone’s car breaks down and they need groceries? Perhaps you know how to repair the vehicle the car?
- What if you someone’s dryer breaks and they cannot afford a repairman? Perhaps you are handy and can fix stuff that breaks in a household!
- Suppose someone’s computer breaks and they don’t know where to, or cannot afford to, take it in? Yet you understand the mysterious complexities of a computer!
- Are you a young person who can help an older one who just got a computer learn how to use it?
You see, none of us are designed to do everything perfectly, instead we are meant to help one another, and in doing so, we strengthen and build relationships!
And you, yes YOU, are a vibrant provider AND partaker of this!
William & Dolores Jiron lead the Helps Ministry that is designed to help meet some of these needs. Would you prayerfully consider signing up?
You may only be called once a year, but it will be a call to service for the Lord’s glory!
E-List SignUp Form
There are some immediate needs in the Food Pantry. We are in need of soup, rice, tuna, jelly and canned/boxed milk. Please take note of the expiration date when you are donating. Thank you!
Ladies, the Women’s Serving Team is hosting Sips and Salads (an evening version of Mugs & Muffins) on Tuesday, June 19th from 6pm-9pm. Emily Gray will be speaking about “Waiting on God.” It is sure to be an amazing evening of fellowship, scripture, food and sharing. We hope you will join us. This is a potluck event so please RSVP to Elizabeth to let her know you can attend and if there is a dish you would like to contribute!
Women, are you looking for a way to stay in the Word this summer? We have two studies looking at the Gospel of John. Contact Elizabeth for more information about either of these studies (below).
- Beginning Wednesday, June 6th at 5:30 p.m. we will begin a 12-week study by Justin Buzzard. This is part of the Knowing the Bible Series edited by J. I. Packer. Cost is $10.
- If you are looking for a morning study, we will begin discussion on the Gospel of John on Monday, June 11th at 10 a.m. No cost, just bring your Bible and read with us.
Missionaries Return from Bolivia
Check out the story, Missionaries Return from Bolivia that ran in the East Mountain Telegraph, April 6th, 2017.