- A challenge which required us to memorize the name of a Czech dish, walk to a nearby cafe, and order the dish properly. If we forgot the name we had to walk back and try again. Once we got the food we had to eat it ALL!
- A challenge which required us to find the castle in Bratislava, Slovakia, and have a 45 minute team prayer session in the garden (SUPER powerful).
- A challenge which required a member of our team to swim out to an island in the middle of a lake and back.
- A challenge which required us to ride this:
- Nine students signed up for the English camp after our school visits in a town called Havirov.
- We've gotten to meet so many young passionate Czech youth leaders.
- We're getting good at living in Europe! We do our own budgeting, travel, cooking, working, and team devotions.
- God is doing great works in each member of our intern team. Being here with this team has forced me to confront a lot of personal flaws I could have happily ignored my whole life, but God had other plans. He is really teaching us how our weaknesses are His strengths.
- Pray for God to be at work in the hearts of students in Zlin. Pray that the Holy Spirit will be at work there before we arrive, preparing hearts to hear the Gospel.
- Pray for my team and I to have mental and physical strength as we head towards camps season. Pray that we would be committed to doing our very best work for God's kingdom, even in the face of exhaustion.
- Pray for our relationships to deepen, with each other, with students, and with the local church leaders we get to work alongside.
- Pray for God to give us boldness as we step out in faith and ask Him to work in the uncomfortable parts of our lives. Pray for Him to give us humility as we confront sins we've been rooted in for a long time.
E-List SignUp Form
Please join us THIS SUNDAY for our potluck at 2:00! Meet us at Los Vecinos with your favorite side dish and celebrate with us!
International Students Inc. (ISI) has a fantastic volunteer opportunity for anyone willing to share their Thanksgiving with the students! There are options for large dinners hosted by churches, mid-size dinners hosted by smaller churches or church community groups, and several small dinners hosted by individuals or families. If you are interested in hosting one or more students for a Thanksgiving meal, contact Vince Tidwell for more information!
Shine will be putting together Winter Break boxes for A. Montoya families in need. Each box will provide breakfast and lunch items for a student every day of winter break! We will have a tree set up next Sunday, November 25 in the foyer that will have tags with specific items that we need to fill the boxes. Please take as many tags as you like and return the items on Friday, December 21. Also, please join us on Saturday, December 22 from 10:00am-12:00pm at the A. Montoya parking lot to have coffee and doughnuts with the families when they come to pick up their boxes! Contact Ashley Procter for more information.
The 2019 Clarus Conference is March 1st-3rd. The topic is “Letters to the 7 Churches” by guest speakers Kevin DeYoung and H. B. Charles Jr. There are postcards in the foyer if you want more information. If you are interested in the Early Group Registration rate of $30 per person, please let Elizabeth know by November 27th.