It's surprising where God places you isn’t it? I would have never imagined myself volunteering at a pregnancy center; I’ve never been pregnant and have no personal information to share with young couples experiencing pregnancy. But, I've been volunteering at the Care Net Pregnancy Center for four years and I know that God has placed me in the right position, to help serve people in need, in the best possible way for His glory.
Volunteering with Care Net is a constant reminder that God's plan is always good, even if it’s not what you originally planned for.
God has been doing some big things through Care Net in the first half of 2018 that I would like to share with you:
- The “Know Now Medical Mobile Unit” (MMU) has been in operation for a year and a half and we are seeing a dramatic increase in the number of clients whose original choice was termination or who were undecided when they arrived at their initial visit. The presence of the MMU near the surgical abortion facilities in Albuquerque is changing lives. Women who once thought their only option was to terminate their pregnancy can now see an ultrasound and learn the truth about the baby they are carrying. It has been a game changer! Very recently, two women at the end of their second trimester of pregnancy boarded the bus, had an ultrasound, and decided to give birth to their children. We thank God for these dramatic "turn-arounds."
- The Care Net medical services are expanding with the addition of a Certified Physician's Assistant. Her credentials allow us to provide prescriptions to treat two of the STI's for which we test and the Abortion Pill reversal medication. This opens up yet another opportunity to provide life-saving help to our clients.
- Care Net is now offering a Fatherhood Program. Instead of concentrating on just the mother of the unborn, we now offer counseling and important information for the fathers-to-be. It is becoming a vital piece of the Care Net ministry.
Care Net is always looking for additional volunteers. If you're like me, and wonder "What could I possibly do to help this ministry?" but your heart is compassionate about helping our youth with unplanned pregnancy, I encourage you to get involved!
You can also get involved this Saturday, August 25th at the Care Net Walk for Life Event. There are four locations in Albuquerque and the East Mountains. By attending the walk, you are affirming the sanctity of human life and supporting Care Net! Hope to see you there!
On Sundays, we have three options for Worship & Praise! Please join us:
- First Service at 8:30 & Second Service at 10:30am (both indoors)
- Via live-stream at 8:30am on Facebook
“... submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.”
“Outdo one another in showing honor.”
“By this all men will know that you are My disciples,
if you have love for one another.”
Here is what you should know and expect, as you join us for worship:
Gathering to Worship Together at MCC
When we gather on Sundays, our unity is expressed by how we serve one another in Christ. Please join us in extending grace to each other amid our differing perspectives and different views about how to live in this time. The Lord has exhorted us:
Please stay home if you’re experiencing symptoms of illness.
May the Lord be glorified in our midst, and in His body. We can’t wait to see you!
“ ... to the praise of the glory of His grace ...”