It's surprising where God places you isn’t it? I would have never imagined myself volunteering at a pregnancy center; I’ve never been pregnant and have no personal information to share with young couples experiencing pregnancy. But, I've been volunteering at the Care Net Pregnancy Center for four years and I know that God has placed me in the right position, to help serve people in need, in the best possible way for His glory.
Volunteering with Care Net is a constant reminder that God's plan is always good, even if it’s not what you originally planned for.
God has been doing some big things through Care Net in the first half of 2018 that I would like to share with you:
- The “Know Now Medical Mobile Unit” (MMU) has been in operation for a year and a half and we are seeing a dramatic increase in the number of clients whose original choice was termination or who were undecided when they arrived at their initial visit. The presence of the MMU near the surgical abortion facilities in Albuquerque is changing lives. Women who once thought their only option was to terminate their pregnancy can now see an ultrasound and learn the truth about the baby they are carrying. It has been a game changer! Very recently, two women at the end of their second trimester of pregnancy boarded the bus, had an ultrasound, and decided to give birth to their children. We thank God for these dramatic "turn-arounds."
- The Care Net medical services are expanding with the addition of a Certified Physician's Assistant. Her credentials allow us to provide prescriptions to treat two of the STI's for which we test and the Abortion Pill reversal medication. This opens up yet another opportunity to provide life-saving help to our clients.
- Care Net is now offering a Fatherhood Program. Instead of concentrating on just the mother of the unborn, we now offer counseling and important information for the fathers-to-be. It is becoming a vital piece of the Care Net ministry.
Care Net is always looking for additional volunteers. If you're like me, and wonder "What could I possibly do to help this ministry?" but your heart is compassionate about helping our youth with unplanned pregnancy, I encourage you to get involved!
You can also get involved this Saturday, August 25th at the Care Net Walk for Life Event. There are four locations in Albuquerque and the East Mountains. By attending the walk, you are affirming the sanctity of human life and supporting Care Net! Hope to see you there!
On Sundays, we have three options for Worship & Praise! Please join us:
- Outdoors at 8:30am in the MCC Parking Lot
- Indoors at 10:00am (due to limited seating, please register in advance)
- Via live-stream at 10:00am on Facebook
For the Indoor Worship & Praise:
We are looking forward to seeing you! As you sign up, request one ticket per family member! Make sure that you also check out our updated Guidelines for Gathering to Worship at MCC below before you come.
Outdoor Worship does not require registration
Please read the Guidelines for Gathering to Worship Together at MCC in its entirety so that you know what to expect when you come to our outdoor service. This will help you and those around you navigate a very new situation, hopefully in a way that is as seamless as possible. We believe that our unity will be expressed and strengthened as we serve one another in Christ this week so join us in extending grace to each other, amid our differing perspectives, and different views about how to live in this time.
“... submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.”
“Outdo one another in showing honor.”
“By this all men will know that you are My disciples,
if you have love for one another.”
Please know that we are making every effort for this gathering to be in full compliance with the protocols given by authorities. No single plan for our meeting will ever be the perfect solution in any one person’s eyes. We will all be making compromises. But as we defer to these guidelines set up by our elders and leadership, we will be serving our fellow believers, honoring Christ as best we can, and providing for a beautiful expression of worship to happen together.
Please stay home if any of the following apply to you:
- You are immunocompromised.
- You are feeling ill (running a fever, coughing, or showing other signs of sickness)
Please don’t put yourself or others at risk. Thank you for staying home and staying safe, because we love you!