It’s that time of year again. People are setting the New Year’s resolutions or goals that they want to achieve this coming year.
Perhaps you want to improve your health, fitness or a relationship you are in. Maybe you want to get those finances under control. There is a Biblical reason and way to do that!
Here are a few helpful tips that may be useful in the financial arena.
- Rediscover your pay stub. Look at every category to make sure that everything is correct. You’d be surprised how many times you can find an error!
- It’s almost tax time again. While your doing your taxes, this year make sure that you are not overpaying each month. Getting a big tax refund is not a creative way to have a vacation fund, it’s just an interest free loan to Uncle Sam. Increasing your deductions can allow you to have more money each paycheck to put towards your goals.
- Get your kids involved. If you have middle/high school aged kids get them involved in how the household finances are run, so that they can learn now and apply what they learn later in life.
- Define Savings Correctly. I think most Americans believe that savings is how much you save when you buy something. Well, that’s just marketing. Perhaps some actually do put cash into a savings account, but it comes out at the end of the month to cover all the over spending. Savings is actually money you put into an account and it stays there for a specific purpose. In the last 3 years the personal savings rate has dropped from 6% to less than 3%.
Be more than average.
If you want any help with these tips or other financial resolutions please consider our upcoming Living Debt Free Workshop on February 24th from 9 AM to 3 PM. If that class does not work for you, please consider taking our short survey (just a few questions!) below on one of the other classes offered through Mountain Christian Church.
MCC Financial Stewardship Survey:
E-List SignUp Form
There are some immediate needs in the Food Pantry. We are in need of soup, rice, tuna, jelly and canned/boxed milk. Please take note of the expiration date when you are donating. Thank you!
Ladies, the Women’s Serving Team is hosting Sips and Salads (an evening version of Mugs & Muffins) on Tuesday, June 19th from 6pm-9pm. Emily Gray will be speaking about “Waiting on God.” It is sure to be an amazing evening of fellowship, scripture, food and sharing. We hope you will join us. This is a potluck event so please RSVP to Elizabeth to let her know you can attend and if there is a dish you would like to contribute!
Women, are you looking for a way to stay in the Word this summer? We have two studies looking at the Gospel of John. Contact Elizabeth for more information about either of these studies (below).
- Beginning Wednesday, June 6th at 5:30 p.m. we will begin a 12-week study by Justin Buzzard. This is part of the Knowing the Bible Series edited by J. I. Packer. Cost is $10.
- If you are looking for a morning study, we will begin discussion on the Gospel of John on Monday, June 11th at 10 a.m. No cost, just bring your Bible and read with us.
Missionaries Return from Bolivia
Check out the story, Missionaries Return from Bolivia that ran in the East Mountain Telegraph, April 6th, 2017.