It’s that time of year again. People are setting the New Year’s resolutions or goals that they want to achieve this coming year.
Perhaps you want to improve your health, fitness or a relationship you are in. Maybe you want to get those finances under control. There is a Biblical reason and way to do that!
Here are a few helpful tips that may be useful in the financial arena.
- Rediscover your pay stub. Look at every category to make sure that everything is correct. You’d be surprised how many times you can find an error!
- It’s almost tax time again. While your doing your taxes, this year make sure that you are not overpaying each month. Getting a big tax refund is not a creative way to have a vacation fund, it’s just an interest free loan to Uncle Sam. Increasing your deductions can allow you to have more money each paycheck to put towards your goals.
- Get your kids involved. If you have middle/high school aged kids get them involved in how the household finances are run, so that they can learn now and apply what they learn later in life.
- Define Savings Correctly. I think most Americans believe that savings is how much you save when you buy something. Well, that’s just marketing. Perhaps some actually do put cash into a savings account, but it comes out at the end of the month to cover all the over spending. Savings is actually money you put into an account and it stays there for a specific purpose. In the last 3 years the personal savings rate has dropped from 6% to less than 3%.
Be more than average.
If you want any help with these tips or other financial resolutions please consider our upcoming Living Debt Free Workshop on February 24th from 9 AM to 3 PM. If that class does not work for you, please consider taking our short survey (just a few questions!) below on one of the other classes offered through Mountain Christian Church.
MCC Financial Stewardship Survey:
On Sundays, we have three options for Worship & Praise! Please join us:
- First Service at 8:30 & Second Service at 10:30am (both indoors)
- Via live-stream at 8:30am on Facebook
“... submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.”
“Outdo one another in showing honor.”
“By this all men will know that you are My disciples,
if you have love for one another.”
Here is what you should know and expect, as you join us for worship:
Gathering to Worship Together at MCC
When we gather on Sundays, our unity is expressed by how we serve one another in Christ. Please join us in extending grace to each other amid our differing perspectives and different views about how to live in this time. The Lord has exhorted us:
May the Lord be glorified in our midst, and in His body. We can’t wait to see you!
“ ... to the praise of the glory of His grace ...”