Why attend a church picnic just hours after going to church? Aren’t these the same people you just shared a pew, and maybe coffee, with in a different setting? Didn’t you already fellowship before and after service with these people? Or maybe you said a brief hello and shook hands during the welcome? That all may be true but something different, something more, happens at a church picnic. It is a special opportunity for a deeper fellowship and unity, and it’s fun! Just look at the photos from our 2017 Church Picnic!
Church picnics give us time to sit, listen and enjoy one another in a completely different setting; play music, volleyball or soccer; and give us time for real, relational fellowship to happen naturally. And let’s be honest, relational fellowship takes time, it’s an investment and sometimes even the most devout Christians just forget to make that time on Sunday mornings. We may be running late, rushing off to teach children’s church, lead worship, or set out coffee for fellowship. For many of us, Sunday mornings are busy. A church picnic gives us the chance to slow down, together.
Here are some reasons why you might want to attend the MCC Church Picnic this Sunday:
- It’s eye-opening to see people, some of whom you’ve known for years, in a different environment. Competing against a Deacon in volleyball feels very different than having a theological discussion with them during Bible Study! Let’s get to know our church family on every level, not just the “dressed in our best Sunday morning” level. Let’s laugh together, compete together, and enjoy each other’s company!
- Extended conversations happen far more organically when we can relax, without the pressure of time. Real relationship takes time and focus, let’s make it a priority.
- It is a good chance to meet someone new! Someone who attends 1st service if you are a 2nd service regular! Someone you’ve seen but haven’t had the time to introduce yourself to yet.
- You might learn something new about a fellow church member that you may not have known other-wise. Did you know that Larry Beatty plays the harmonic and Jake Gray plays the guitar? I didn’t until seeing them play at last years’ picnic!
Church picnics give us a chance to get to know another one another on a different level, at a slower pace, for the simple purpose of building relationship, with a little healthy friendly competition thrown in!
We hope you will join us this Sunday, September 23rd from 1-5pm at Embudo Hills Park in Albuquerque for MCC’s End of Summer Picnic! Bring your family, food & drinks, chairs/blanket and lawn games! Water bottles and dessert provided. We will have some friendly competition, great conversation and maybe even some music!
On Sundays, we have three options for Worship & Praise! Please join us:
- First Service (now indoors) at 8:30 & Second Service (also indoors) at 10:30am
- Via live-stream at 8:30am on Facebook
“... submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.”
“Outdo one another in showing honor.”
“By this all men will know that you are My disciples,
if you have love for one another.”
Here is what you should know and expect, as you join us for worship:
Gathering to Worship Together at MCC
When we gather on Sundays, our unity is expressed by how we serve one another in Christ. Please join us in extending grace to each other amid our differing perspectives and different views about how to live in this time. The Lord has exhorted us:
Please stay home if you’re experiencing symptoms of illness.
May the Lord be glorified in our midst, and in His body. We can’t wait to see you!
“ ... to the praise of the glory of His grace ...”