2018 Bolivia Mission
Mountain Christian Church is sent a team of ten volunteers to Sucre, Bolivia March 25 - April 3 to serve alongside Food for the Hungry staff. Volunteers served as nurses, friends, Bible teachers and more. Thank you for praying for the team and those they met throughout their trip!
Food for the Hungry Child Sponsorship
The MCC congregation currently sponsors 130 children living in or around Villa Margarita, a small village in Bolivia, through Food for the Hungry (FH). MCC has set a goal to sponsor an additional 20 children every year because they have seen how sponsorship transforms lives: for the children, families and those sponsoring!
In addition to the financial sponsorship, sponsor families commit to write letters and correspond with their sponsored children. For many, this also means recurring mission trips to Bolivia! Since starting their relationship with FH in 2009, MCC has sent 14 mission teams to Sucre and more than 70 volunteers!
Most volunteers agree that the mission trips are about the children and sharing the gospel message with their sponsored children and their families. During the trip, volunteers often have the opportunity to go with FH staff to meet their sponsored children and participate in home visits. During home visits it is common for FH staff to sit with a family, their Bible open, talking about Jesus and scriptural life principles. The power of the gospel transforms children, families, communities and volunteers!
We want these children to know that they are loved, both by the volunteers and by a big God who is without borders!
It begins by sponsoring a child! by sponsoring through MCC's Food for the Hungry Coordinator, Jennifer Ward, you can be sure that your sponsored child is from Villa Margarita and know that MCC volunteers, and maybe you someday, will be serving in that specific community for years to come.
Video: Why Sponsor?
Click here to see why FH child sponsorship is so important and how MCC volunteers felt after meeting their sponsored children for the first time!
Why sponsor a child with FH?
Your Child Is Blessed With:
- Improved nutrition
- Access to clean water to drink
- A poverty-busting education
- Life-changing training for parents on how to care for their children
- Community projects to create a safe environment where children thrive
- The knowledge that someone loves them and wants them to succeed
- Hope for a better life
You're Blessed With:
- The knowledge that YOU stepped in to help end poverty in the life of a child
- The opportunity to communicate directly with the child you sponsor
- Updated photos of the child and prayer requests from the community
- Important reports of progress in the country where your sponsored child lives