Teacher Appreciation Week 2021
Teachers around the world have had a year! As the 2020-2021 current school term came to a close, we had a great opportunity to support and encourage teachers right here in our community.
Shine is a city-wide organization that connects churches with Title 1 APS schools. Mountain Christian Church is privileged to serve A. Montoya Elementary School in Tijeras, NM. The goal of our relationship with A. Montoya is to build relationships and meet the needs of the students, families, and teachers. We find ourselves being transformed as God uses our hearts and hands to bring transformation to this school and the community it serves. If you’d like more information, please contact Marcy Bryant at email@example.com
There are many ways we can serve at A. Montoya Elementary. Please contact Marcy Bryant for more information.
- Pray! Pray that God would continue to grant us favor with the community at A. Montoya, that He would open our eyes to opportunities to bless them, and that His name would be glorified in all that we’re doing.
- Tutor! Tutors are needed more than ever to help kids make up for the discontinuity in schooling due to COVID-19. You will have the opportunity to work individually with a child to show them they matter and to help them build confidence and experience success. Training and tutoring are currently being accomplished online.
- Teacher Appreciation! We love our A. Montoya teachers and staff! Help us provide and serve luncheons, give gifts of appreciation, and write notes of encouragement. Help support one of A. Montoya’s favorites – the Cookie Posse! – by signing up to drop off baked cookies or treats!
- Special Projects! We need volunteers with a wide range of skills for special opportunities that come up throughout the year. In the past we’ve helped with landscaping, maintaining the indoor gardens, reconfiguring and painting the library, helping teachers prepare their classrooms, and volunteering as Science Fair judges! Every winter we need help providing and distributing Christmas break food boxes and Christmas gifts for A. Montoya families. This is such a great way to meet and enjoy the families in our community! Keep an eye out for special opportunites announced in the Church bulletin and The (L)ink!
- Future opportunities!As schools begin to open up for in-person learning, we can’t wait to come alongside the A. Montoya teachers and staff! We look forward to once again helping in the classroom, volunteering in the library, supervising kids at lunch and recess, and helping with office tasks.
- Donate! Give a monetary donation to Shine through Mountain Christian Church. We will use your donation to supply the teachers with books, fill the supply bins throughout the year, purchase large items that classrooms need, pour out love in the form of food, supplies, and flowers during Teacher Appreciation Week, and do special projects that arise.
Please consider joining us in our effort to come alongside our teachers and staff in the incredible and challenging jobs they face. To enter another’s life and carry their burdens with them is an act that speaks so loudly of the love of our Savior, who entered our lives and took our burdens upon Himself.
Shine Cookie Posse!
This will be a group of people who would like to bless the staff at A. Montoya with fresh-baked cookies!
to sign up to become part of the Cookie Posse or let Marcy Bryant how you would like to help!