Sunday School Curriculum
MCC teaches the Generations of Grace curriculum for Preschool through Fifth grade classes.
Generations of Grace is a three-year program, designed to systematically teach through the Old Testament books, the Gospels, Acts, and Revelation. Ideally, children go through the series twice during their time in Sunday School, giving them a solid foundation on which to build as they grow. It also shows God at work in the Old Testament and the relevance of that work to Jesus.
Middle and High School classes teach expositionally through books of the Bible, or through topical studies. Recent studies include Systematic Theology and the ‘Do Hard Things’ curriculum.
Children's Ministry Mission
MCC Children's Ministry strives to come alongside parents to help disciple their children to:
- Experience salvation through faith in Christ
- Truly worship and dwell deeply in Christ
- Sacrificially serve God & others with Christ
- Be effective ambassadors for Christ
Breakdown of Sunday School Programming
During First Service (8:45 – 10:15 Sunday mornings)
- Nursery – birth to 2 ½
- Pre-school class – ages 2 ½ to Kindergarten
- K-1 – Kindergarten and First grade
- 2-3 – Second and Third grades
- 4-5 – Fourth and Fifth grades
- Middle School Class
- High School Class
During Second Service (10:45 – 12:15 Sunday mornings)
- Nursery – for birth to 2 ½
- Pre-school class – ages 2 ½ to Kindergarten
Starts after Music Worship in Second Service:
- Children’s Worship – Kindergarten to Third grades
We are always looking for Sunday School Teachers and Pre-school Volunteers!
At MCC, we take child safety and the responsibility of teaching children about God seriously. Therefore, we have a screening process for all volunteers working with our children.
Prerequisites to be a teacher:
- Christian, with some maturity (about learning, not age)
- Willingness to learn and teach. Teachers often learn the most!
- A member or a regular attender of Mountain Christian Church.
- Complete volunteer packet (background info, family info, mission statement, and belief statement)
- Personal interview with Children’s Ministry Coordinator, or Elder.
- Submit to Criminal History Background check
Follow the Son Bible Clubs
Follow the Son Bible Clubs is a cross-denominational children's ministry in Albuquerque and the East Mountains. They strive to teach children, through God's Word, how to know and love Jesus, how to walk with Him daily, and how to love one another. Held right after school, sessions start with snacks and songs followed by teaching a Bible verse, a Bible lesson, and fun games. Additionally, we meet in small groups (some of our clubs have over 50 children!) to help the children with any questions they have and to pray with them. Contact Greg & Pamela Oliva to learn how you can volunteer in this ministry!
What can you do to help NOW?
- FSBC is looking for drivers to pick up bible club children and take them to church.
- Roosevelt Middle School Bible Club is looking for a man who would be willing to teach for a six week period. Call 505-281-3313 if you are interested in teaching. Training is available!
- FSBC is also looking for volunteers willing to make lunches for the Rosevelt Middle School Bible Club.
- Volunteers for needed for all Bible Clubs. See a complete list of school locations at the FSBC website.
- Volunteer Trainings are August 12th & 19th! Visit FSBC's website for more information!
- FSBC also needs donations of snacks for the children attending bible club and cookies! Contact Pamela Oliva if you can help!
Vacation Bible School
Vacation Bible School is a volunteer-driven outreach to the East Mountain community. Each July, over 70 volunteers work together to host 100 children for one week of VBS. Held in the mornings, with the traditional elements of music, crafts and fun, the focus of VBS at MCC is always on the Bible and God's plan for us. Click here for the most up to date information on VBS 2017!
Other important features include:
- Small groups: Kids participate in groups of five or six, allowing for more individual attention and connection.
- Ages: Participants are ages 5 -11 (Kindergarten through 5th grade)
- Involving men of the church: It is a real treat for the kids to have some dads, grandpas, or uncles take part in VBS! We get men involved by having them teach the daily Bible lessons. They participate for a morning, teaching all the kids, and have an opportunity to be involved.
MCC has a well-stocked and engaging nursery that is run by volunteers who love children and the Lord. Children are taught a short Bible lesson, fed a snack, read to, and provided lots of fun; giving their parents the opportunity to listen to and study the Word while enjoying fellowship.